To better understand tantric massage, one should approach the vision of human evolution from the perspective of Tantra. If you know the chakras, you already know that human energy (or consciousness) manifests in different qualities and that everything originates from the sexual energy. The refinement of sexual energy allows the individual to realize themselves on every level, including the spiritual one, and in this way become a complete and integrated being.
To truly feel in harmony with the universe around us, we can choose one of two paths: that of Christianity, which limits the expression of sensuality through guilt, in an attempt to sublimate it, or that of Tantra, which uses pleasure and sex in service of evolution. Choosing the path of Tantra means considering sensuality as worthy and pure as any other aspect of our existence.
In both cases, however, the primal energy must be channeled upwards, otherwise, there is a risk of going insane or living in deviancy. This does not mean living sex in complete freedom. To elevate desire, Tantra suggests not indulging in:
- Laziness, which is a lack of vitality;
- Cruelty, which is the desire to cause suffering to others;
- Possession, which is the sensation of feeling another person as one’s own;
- Degeneration of desire (incest, rape, imprisonment…);
- Full satisfaction, which is the state that interrupts the search for pleasure;
- Spasmodic search for pleasure, which is the continuous need to obtain sexual pleasure;
- “Socially virtuous” attitudes, such as marital fidelity and monogamy.
For Tantra practitioners, touch is the prince of the senses, and for this reason, massage represents a balanced way to develop the relationship, stimulate sexual energy, and channel it – through conscious practices such as breathing – for personal evolution.Regenerate response